RSS

Saturday, September 19, 2009

What Dreams May Come

For a number of years now it has been my growing desire to go with my husband & our children (child at this point) to Florida for a family vacation. Okay, that's not entirely true.
My ULTIMATE dream vacation would be to take a week-long Western Caribbean cruise out of Florida, return to port, then hit Florida really hard. Mainly Disney World and all its entailing phenomenal wonders. I'm pretty sure, even at this young age, Grace would love some of the rides and especially the Wild Animal Kingdom. She'd probably eat up Sea World, too. I also just found out that Disney has a "secret" child exchange pass. Basically you get to the front of the line, tell the attendant you want to do the kid exchange, then one parent waits with kid while other parent rides, and then either they switch places at the end of the ride or you can choose to get a pass to return later. That is really cool to me. I admit I'm selfish & I don't think I'd be entirely content to skip my favorite thrill rides-- Tower of Terror, for one (which, consequently gives me nightmares, but I love it no less LOL). To my understanding, she can go on most of the rides as long as she has an adult with her... just not the super cool ones... like Tower of Terror... or Space Mountain...
Unfortunately, my dream vacation is also the same price as a down payment on a new house, or 10% of our current debt. This makes me sad.
I guess that's why they call it a DREAM.

0 comments: