RSS

Monday, May 10, 2010

One More Mile

Sorry I've been quiet lately. I could use several excuses, but the truth of the matter is, really, that I'm a lazy pud. I even took a week off from the gym (tsk, tsk, tsk)

Thankfully there's this thing called a husband. And today, after dinner, husband said "Honeymoon's over" and got me to the gym. It was busy, all machines were filled, but I started stretching while I waited for a TM to open. After I hopped on, I pushed myself hard to run a mile straight-- for the first time in my life. I did it in about 13 mins. The last quarter mile sucked, but that's my fault, because I tried to rush through it by putting the TM on 7 mph and burnt myself out in about 10 seconds. It was a fun 10 seconds, going that fast, but, let's face it, the next 3 minutes were NOT so fun. Let myself ease off a bit and just do some sprinting intervals after I caught my breath. Took about 1/2 a mile, but I got going again and finished strong. For what it's worth 5 mph is getting more and more comfortable, but I'm also finding 4.2 comfortable for longer runs.

Getting closer & closer every day to being 1/2 way to my goal weight. Just gotta get to 56.5 lbs lost!

0 comments: