RSS

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Grace and the Pearls of Tyranny

It's happened. Grace has come face to face with the Pearls of Tyranny... aka TEETH.
Andy was the first to notice them when he was giving her some medication for her RSV on Sunday. He called me over & I felt her gums. HOLY COW SHE ATE RAZORS! Andy & my friend Jazz say they can both see them coming in, but all I see is her sore little gums. I picked up some chamomilla, for teething and irritibility, and she did really well on it yesterday till Andy got home. Then she turned into a little beast.
She also started sitting up all by herself, unsupported, in the last two weeks, and she's getting really close to crawling. Heaven knows she seems to zip around the living room when we're not looking. She is phenomenally good at rolling. She sort of reminds me of Disney's Stitch when Lilo first brings him home.


I got the bandage taken off my ear last Friday & it looks GREAT! The doctor also said I can sleep on my left side as long as I wear a headband. The camo set I bought is very comfortable, so we're all set there.
I should really clean the livingroom, but erm.. Aunt Flo decided to visit for the first time since Christmas & she is being a bear, and yet it's such a nice day outside. I should probably just take some drugs, do what housework I need & whisk my daughter off to the park before she eats the James Bond movie she's got in her hands right now.
I admit Daniel Craig is yummy, but I doubt Andy would be happy to find our movie has become Grace's latest teething toy.

P.S. Happy St. Patrick's day! Maybe I should steal a little cash from hubby's account to buy us a decent Irish dinner & teach our girl all about her heritage... or at least give her some bangers & champ for supper :)

2 comments:

Lucy R said...

What a super cute picture! I know how fast the living room can get out of control and I remember how quickly little kids can get and even pull out all the DVDs or books you may have on a shelf. : ) Hope the teething goes well!

The Arnolds said...

Grace is such a cutie! I hope that you guys are doing well.

-Tammy