RSS

Friday, March 6, 2009

Post-Op Update

Just wanted to let you know that my surgery went well. I even got to see my friend Kathy before surgery. She was attending to a back surgery, but at least I got to see her. They called me back shortly after I posted yesterday morning. My anesthesiologist was hilarious, and so was the nurse that got the IV in my arm.
Surprisingly, I'm not in nearly as much pain as I thought I would be. My ear stings from time to time, but so far it hasn't been anything more painful than the keloid constantly was. We'll see how I feel after all the drugs wear off. I've only had to take 1 lortab so far, and will probably take another one before bed just to be on the safe side. No one wants to wake up screaming in sudden pain.
The doctor put a clamp over my ear. It's kinda like a porous, melted candle. I get to have it taken off next Friday. In the meanwhile, I can't sleep on my left side, and have to be exceptionally careful around the clamp. The doctor said it could pop off if I wasn't careful, and keeping pressure on the wound is the key to keep Cleatus from coming back.


Anyway, I want to express my thanks to my friends who have shown love and support. Hubby has been very supportive and taking good care of Grace, and so have friends Sam & Jazz. I'm so lucky to have them in my life.
Also, for whatever reason, Grace keeps laughing at me.

0 comments: