RSS

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bon Voyage, Cleatus!

Good morning! It's 7 in the morning & I'm sitting at the hospital on a shared computer. I'm having my keloid removed today. They told me to be here at 6:30, but we got here earlier than that, so I don't know when they'll call me back. Already I've had my finger stuck, peed in a cup, and been identified that I am, indeed, myself... as opposed to later when I may not be myself, but a more goofy version of myself thanks to copious amounts of anesthetics and other drugs. Whee!
Grace is safely asleep at home with one of my best friends, Jazz. I didn't want to disturb her schedule. She doesn't really need to be here anyway. There's not a whole lot to do. She has been sick lately, anyway, with a mild case/form of RSV. I think she's getting better. We're doing everything we can. She has remained chipper the whole time. It's suprising how many kids are here at the hospital for surgery. There was a very tiny 2 month old going in for hernia surgery, and several other kids for other procedures. It makes me grateful that Grace hasn't been in a similar situation.
Andy is sitting closeby working on the company laptop so he doesn't lose hours. At least he's here. Gotta afford the enormous surgery bill somehow, right?
So I'm just sitting here waiting. I had my hair cut super short yesterday so it stays out of the way during the procedure, and recovery. I'm looking forward to saying "Bon Voyage, Cleatus! And please don't come back"
And can I just say that I'm getting hungry? I don't like how they make you fast. I haven't had anything to drink since 11 last night, and no food either. Can I just tell you how hard it is to be a diabetic & not be allowed to drink anything? I mean I'm part camel, y'know! The thirsty part.
So I can't say anything else really. I went to bed at 1a and got up at 5a, so I'm ready for a hardcore anesthesia-induced nap.
Off to spend a few minutes with hubby.
Hope you have a great day! Can't wait to be sober again & put up some post-op pictures.

FAREWELL, CLEATUS, BANE OF MY SELF ESTEEM!

0 comments: