RSS

Monday, October 4, 2010

Closure

To my friend who made the week of my birthday the worst one ever:

I don't think you'll answer your phone if I try to call you, and I have some things to say to you.

I deserve closure. I deserve to sit down with you and look you in the eye and be told why and how you did this to us. Did I do something to upset you? Were you trying to get even? I wonder if I did anything wrong to cause you to go off the deep end. I'm not upset that you did it, I'm upset that you're too much of a coward to just talk to me about what happened. I can't believe anything you say anymore. I do believe you are very sick, but I don't think it's cancer, and I hope you get help.
I don't know how to feel inside, except really mixed up. You called me your best friend, your sister, and you betrayed your family.

I pray for you, and I love you, and I hate that I've had to file charges against you, my best friend. Enjoy the head start on running from the authorities, and I hope I can look you in the eye some day and get the closure you've denied me.

0 comments: