RSS

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I had a fairly uneventful cavity filling session on Thursday with my dentist. As usual, he was concerned for my comfort and safety and kept asking if I was okay, did this hurt, etc. I reassured him "You know you're doing a good job, doc, when your patient is dozing off."
So, yeah... I was numb enough to nod off during drilling and all that great stuff.
Coincidentally, I was also numb to the point where I couldn't say the words Christmas, Songs, or Fast. "Y'wanna thing thome Chrithmuth Thongs really fath?" *dribble, drool*
It took about 3-4 hours for the anesthetics to wear off, then I felt great. I am so glad to be caught up on dental work. It's so nice to be able to chew on both sides of my mouth without pain!
Even if you are a periodontal-phob, get your work done. I promise it's worth it, you'll feel so much better the day after.

In case you haven't noticed, my pregnancy widgets have changed again. Yesterday we saw the OB for a checkup, and he changed our due date back to July 7/8. I'm still really confused on whether I'm 11 or 12 weeks along, even though I'm 99% positive we concieved around the 20th of October, and I usually don't ovulate till the 18th of the month. Anyway, the OB was trying to pick up the heartbeat on the doppler, but couldn't find it, so he brought in the transportable ultrasound machine. He found the baby. Mini Gerschler has moved to just below my belly button. He was laying on his side and waved at us. No, I'm really serious. His arm and hand moved back and forth. "Hi, guys! Can you please stop disturbing my naps?"
So that was fun.
After that, I got my Christmas shopping done. Yes, I really am insane, but we knew this. At least it got done. Andy really liked his presents today so it was worth it. We went to our friends' Mike & Kathy's place for Christmas Eve supper and buddy time. Kathy had dressed their little boy up like Santa, and he was asleep when we got there and was smiling and laughing in his sleep-- too funny!
They also gave us one of our first baby presents! EEEEE!! They gave us one of those wiggle gyms where you lay the baby on its back so it can bat at the toys above. I was really tickled. I'm looking forward to using it. After we got home, I opened presents from various friends to help even up the loot under the tree (I had a lot more than Andy & Aaron thanks to various secret santas), and one of the presents was baby clothes. I was really touched. There's obviously something wrong with me if I get weepy over gifts for the baby, but not when I see the heartbeat or a body part flutter. Go figure. Anyway, I hung that up next to the little jacket we bought when we first found out we were pregnant. Needless to say, I am starting to get motivated to clean the bedroom closet so I can start putting in little stackable drawers for the baby and organize Mini Gerschler's things.
My friend Rayvin in Canada sent me a Muppet Christmas CD (Eeeee! again), and another secret santa sent me some pearl ex powders for my painting. Andy got me some great presents too, including fuzzy red slippers to match the Many Skins of Elmo robe he got me for our anniversary.
Now I'm just waiting for Sam to call us. We were supposed to go over there for breakfast, but relatives held them captive, insisting they must stay for blueberry pancakes and horse-drawn sleigh rides. Sounds like a party to me. Anyway, I can't wait to see the expression on her face when she opens the fuzzy pink monster-clawed slippers I got her. She was hoping she would get a new set of silly slippers from someone, and I think these will hit the spot. We'll bring the kids some presents too.

Well I think that's it for now. Our next appointment is to get the keloid on my ear looked at on January 7th. Then we see Clarene again the next day, and the OB towards the end of January.
I'll let you know if anything exciting or amusing happens or crosses my mind.
Have a safe, joyous, and wonderful holiday!

0 comments: