RSS

Monday, March 17, 2008

Dear Mini Gersch'...

Dear Mini Gersch',

Daddy & I have decided to name you Grace Anne Gerschler. Anne with an E because, according to one of my favorite literary heroines, Anne of Green Gables, "It is more distinguished". My middle name is Ann, and I sometimes call daddy An as a love name. I originally wanted your middle name to be Evelyn, after my mother's mother, but Daddy thought Anne sounded nicer. The middle names of Isabelle and Rhapsody also came up. Isabelle was my father's mother's middle name, and Rhapsody is just a fun name altogether.

Today I saw the doctor for a checkup. You were kicking a LOT! You seem to have settled down for now, but you were kicking and squirming for a good hour or two. The doctor measured my belly and said you're a wonderful, normal sized baby. You'll also be pleased to know that I've only put on 16 pounds in these 5 months. I was afraid I'd gain weight too quickly, especially after all that Taco Bell you made me crave, but you've managed to keep it in check. Good girl!
Meanwhile, my sugar's been a bit elevated lately. I'm sorry about that. I'm not sure if it's from the insulin resistance Clarene & I talked about, or if it's the disagreements I've been having with your Nana. I hate arguing with her, and over silly things at that, but I get tired of her nitpicking and being pushy. She's a great person, really, and she'll love you to pieces I'm sure, but butting heads with her is no fun. Word of advice, Gracie, don't get on Nana's bad side. Nana is scary when she's angry.

Speaking of Nana, her side of the family is full of a bunch of crazy, loud Irish people. They are a lot of fun. Daddy says he's going to do everything he can in order for you to meet them at Christmas. I thought I'd mention this since today is St. Patricks, and I'm proud to be of Irish descent. Tonight we're going to have bangers and champ (sausages & potatoes). I know corned beef is a little more traditional, but I don't care for it much. Maybe I should get some martinellis too, just for fun.

Anyway, two more weeks until we get to see you again. I can't wait to see how you've grown.

Love, Mom

0 comments: