RSS

Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Veil is Thin

Dear Grace,

Friday night Daddy finally felt you kick. I wish you could've seen the expression on his face. He might not know it, but I saw him light up for a brief instant. I hope you can always make him that happy. Maybe now that you've had a proper introduction, you'll kick a bit more for him. We've been trying for weeks to get you to do it. I've even been mean enough to say you'd never make it in theatre if you were so shy. Sometimes when I say or think something, you'll punctuate it with a kick, often in agreement. I guess it will be a lesson in patience for me. I must learn that you will do things when you're good and ready, and must not be rushed. Great things come to those who wait.

It is times like this that I stop to think how thin the veil is between Heaven and Earth. Many don't realize this. On days when I am quiet and introspective, I can almost feel it. Sometimes I wonder if your little spirit floats back and forth between here & Heaven. It is so profound to think that you will have just left Heavenly Father's arms when you arrive this summer. I can feel you kicking right now as I write this and think about it. I must tell you that I am so humbled that you chose me of all people to guide you through this life. You must see in me something that I don't. I only hope I can rise to the occasion, and not let you down.

Tomorrow we have another ultrasound. I can't wait to see you again.

Love, Mom

0 comments: