RSS

Friday, July 30, 2010

Daily Burn

For the last few months, I've been using a website called Daily Burn in tandem with My Fitness Pal to help me achieve my weight loss goals. I like Daily Burn because it is more visual than MFP. It tells me exactly how many calories I burned each day, and how much weight I should be able to lose each week. It also helps me target basic nutritional areas better, such as protein, carbs, fat, etc. However, MFP had a few more features for free than DB did.
Anyway, long story short, I decided to upgrade on DB for more of their specialized features. I intend to continue using MFP as well. With my new upgraded account on DB, I have access to more workout/training plans (which is good, because outside of running, biking, swimming, and elliptical, I'm pretty clueless), and it also lets me know how many servings of each food group I need to eat each day. This is something I struggle with. I'm protein deficient on a daily basis, so I eat a lot of protein bars and shakes to make up for it. Having something tell me "Hey, you need to eat some fruit & veggies today!" is going to be really good for my overall health. It also makes up a grocery list for me when I plan out my meals in advance, which is kind of nifty. If I see a daily reminder to eat x amount of fruit, veggies, grains, etc, it's going to benefit everyone, since I do the food prep on most days. It will be a visual reminder to feed DD & hubby some good stuff, too.
Definitely need to add some Over The Moon chocolate milk to the list though, since I don't get enough dairy (and it's really high in protein anyway).

In other news, Grace picked up the word "Delicious" recently. Mostly if she likes a food, she'll make a big deal about it. "Mmm, yum, 'licious!"
And she's had a cough since last Thursday, so I haven't been able to go to the gym during the day. She thinks it's pretty funny to growl at me with this nasty little bug in her chest. She sounds terrible when she does it, like she's going to die or something, but she laughs hysterically. I laugh cuz it's just this awful little noise. Part Gremlin, part Darth Vader.

0 comments: