RSS

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Forgiveness

So an interesting thing happened yesterday. The detective found my friend and got a testimony from her about the fraud case. And then she called me. She finally wanted to sit down and clear the air. So I picked her up and we talked on the way back to my place. I got to have my questions answered, and have explained what happened to her. I felt a little rattled by the whole thing, but otherwise okay... and definitely happy to be moving towards a resolution and reconciliation.
My mom called that night, and I told her about it. She got pretty upset and I felt like she was chewing me out. Suddenly, a decision that I felt was a good one, was under fire, and now I doubt myself. Am I doing the right thing? The Lord teaches us that forgiveness is the mightiest sword. Just because we sin against Him, doesn't mean he cuts us off forever. Yet, somehow, I suddenly feel like I need validation in my choice to be more Christ like. I just hope my friend is sincere in her coming forward and it's not a case of "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

1 comments:

ekimatuan said...

The natural man wants to seek revenge. It is difficult to forgive when you've been hurt although from an eternal perspective it is the right thing to do.

That being said, you should forgive but not forget, meaning forgive the one who harmed you but don't put yourself in the position to be hurt the same way again if you can. Just my $0.02.