RSS

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Smile for the Birdie!

So I met Dr. Broberg yesterday. I really liked him! Not only was he super gentle, but CUTE! Ladies, you know what I'm talkin' about when I say most doctors usually shove the evil metal monster up our unis without a second thought. This shorter, squarer version of Doogie Howser went nice and slow, and I barely noticed it. He also encouraged hubby & I to have appointments with all of the doctors in his practice so that we can figure out who we like the best & who we want to deliver the baby. Now there's a sign of a doctor who cares about a patient & wants the best for them and their little one. I was impressed.
Plus he cleared me to continue my painting business as long as the room is well ventilated. He cautioned me however, that if I began feeling funny or whoozy at all, to get out of the room right away. So with that blessing, I will be forging forward with painting once more. I still plan to scale back my commissions a bit so I can get caught up, relax, and enjoy my pregnancy.
Broberg also put my mind at ease about my worries of not getting enough nutrition for the baby. He said there are starving people in Warsaw popping out healthy babies every day. Hey, whatever you can do to make a chic feel better, right?
In addition to our great appointment, we got in for our first ultrasound today! Our little kidney bean made his cameo appearance. He's right in between the 2 plus signs.
I think the sonographer said the little dot was where his heart was. She said I'm 7 weeks, and our due date is JULY 16, 2008. Start sending presents, everyone! Hahaha. We got to hear the heartbeat, too. At first it was just a little echo in the background, but then the technician pinpointed it and we heard it. It sounded like a freight train from 1/4 mile away. An excellent, strong 160 beats per minute. Everything looked great.
After baby made his big appearance, we ran around the hospital getting bloodwork and other labs done. I swear the lady took at least 6 vials from me, no exaggerating! I also had to have an EKG. I also have to spend the next 24 hours peeing in a jug. Joy of tremendous joys.
And since the 2 hospitals/clinics right by us don't take our insurance and/or don't handle high risk pregnancies (me), I get to have the baby at the big fancy hospital in Provo. I feel kinda bad as I don't want people to have to go out of their way to visit me... but I guess that will make it all the more special if I get visitors, knowing they had to come all that extra way to see our bundle of joy.

Well, it's been a busy, and exciting day. Now to call Ma & tell her all about our little adventure.

0 comments: