RSS

Friday, August 13, 2010

Fat Friday

Many people consider Friday the 13th to be the unluckiest day of the year. Luckily for me, it isn't.

Today I became fat. I hit 185. That's right, folks, I am no longer obese! Just some chubby chick who is only getting healthier and stronger by the day. To mark the occasion, I wore my shirt that says Proud to be Awesome. I then proceeded to FINALLY break through the couch to 5k program week 5 twenty-minute barrier that so many people struggle with. It wasn't as hard as I feared. I simply needed to suck it up and get over myself. I set the treadmill low and slow at 4.2 mph and trotted from just under the 5 min mark to the 25 min mark. Then I hit the weight room and moved 15 tons... cuz that's what fat people do!

I can do hard things now. My body is capable of amazing feats, and it's only going to get better from here on out. My goals for the next few weeks is to keep jogging a mile every time I step on that treadmill. I'm worth the effort. Eventually that mile will turn into two, and then three. There's an all girl's 5k/10k in October I'd like to do with my girlie friends. Now's a great time to get serious about training again, knowing what I'm capable of.

If this chubby white Kenyan can do hard things, imagine what you can do. And don't let ANYONE tell you that you can't. Just go out there, do it, and shove it in the doubters' faces! Blow raspberries while you're at it ;)

0 comments: