RSS

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Thousand Cals by Lunch!

I've had a desire for a while now to get up very early in the morning and go work out (either run at the gym, or... something!), because I've read you burn more calories on an empty stomach.
Well last night I conked out at 9:30, and woke up at 5. I realized, in a sleepy haze, i didn't have to go to the gym to work out... I had a Wii! So I rolled out of bed, turned my Wii Biggest Loser on, and strapped on my HRM. I chose the intense 70 min core workout and burned over 400 cals in an hour. After I caught my breath, I got dressed for the gym. Grace woke up shortly thereafter, and we had breakfast. I had some Kashi Oatmeal with a banana and milk, and Grace had a pillsbury toaster scrambler (which took her FOREVER to eat). Got to the gym and put in a solid 1.4 mile jog on the TM, followed by weights, followed by returning to the TM and putting in another 2.07 miles. So I burned nearly 1,000 calories before lunch!
I feel good, and deserve a nap!
Going to try to go for a walk tonight to burn some more cals, just for kicks.

My Popcornopolis arrived today. Eight glorious pounds! The toddler chose white chocolate macadamia nut to sample first. I wanted Popcornopolis instead of cake for my birthday this year. It's healthier, and I just genuinely love it. Though, that probably won't stop me from actually getting cake from The Chocolate on my birthday.

Before I nap, here's what we ate today (and are eating)

Me:
2 packs of Kashi all natural oatmeal
1/2 cup of Darigold fat free lactose-free milk
1 banana
1/2 cup Popcornopolis
1 Healthy Choice Lemon Herb Chicken
24 Blue Diamond Cinnamon Sugar Almonds
1/2 cup Stagg Chili
1 baked potato (sans toppings)
1 babybell mini cheddar wheel
100+ oz water (aiming for 120, will probably get 112)

Grace:
1 pillsbury bacon, egg, cheese scrambler
1 Uncrustable pb&j
4 quaker mini rice cakes
1 cup of mandarin oranges
1/2 cup Popcornopolis
1/4 cup Stagg Chili
1 small baked potato (sans toppings)
1 babybell mini cheddar wheel
8 oz tropicana light fruit punch
16 oz almond milk

0 comments: