RSS

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Afrighted

You ever have one of those days that just makes you worry all day long? Yesterday was one of those days. I woke up to 3 small blood spots in my undies. I was very alarmed. I haven't had any other discharge at all down there, just those 3 pinhead-sized spots. It's just not normal when you're 7 months pregnant. I think I could've handled losing the baby a few months ago, but not when she's so very close to being here. I only mentioned this abnormality to my husband, as I didn't want any rumors spreading around our community/church. I was even more concerned when Grace spent the morning being very quiet and inactive. Borrowing from my grandmother's vocabulary, I was "afrighted". I was able to get my mind off of it a little by going out with my friend and her kids for the day, followed by a trip to the hospital for my Rh shot. I have Rh incompatibility. No one tells you this is not your average shot. I was expecting it in the arm. How cute and naive I was! Yeah, it goes in your BUTT! Ah! Anyway, I mentioned the spotting to the nurse, and she said to keep an eye on it. I have a check up with perinatalogy on Monday, and will mention it to them as well. Grace has since gotten more active and even give me a couple of good strong pops. Let's hope this was just a pregnancy hiccup...

0 comments: