RSS

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Humiliated

I've been humiliated... and not in the bad way either. Last night we had a stake Primary training meeting for our new presidency. The spiritual thought that was offered by one of the stake counselors concerned the Olympian athletes and how they've achieved their dreams. They took it one step at a time, never quit, and had faith and conviction that their best would have to be enough. This reminder-- that my best is enough, and the Lord will do the rest-- hit home with me so strongly. I was made humble before the Lord. Come to think of it, this whole past week has been a constant reminder from the Lord "Trust me, I know what I'm doing. You did your part, let me do mine in my own time."
In that light, I've decided I need to step back from my running goals and take them as I feel ready for them. My #1 goal right now is getting 65 lbs off of my body by my 28th bday in September. Running is just my mode of transportation to that goal right now.

Today I dragged my lazy butt to the rec center to battle my mortal enemy-- THE TREADMILL! I did most of the running intervals, and made it past 16 min again today, but pooped out at 19. It's an improvement, and I'll take it! I walked the last 3 intervals of C25K, but did run rest.

I've also decided to stop weighing myself obsessively. It will be a challenge to stay away from the scale, but I already feel a world of stress destroyed. I will just be doing my daily Wii log in (which is only 1 lb off from my home scale), and 1 official home scale weekly weigh in. Maybe throw all my goals out the window, and just take it as it comes. Keep my eye on the prize: get down to 150 lbs by any means possible.

0 comments: