RSS

Monday, February 15, 2010

Mrs. Gerschler, Tear Down That Wall!

So for the last 2 weeks I've been struggling with running past 16 mins in my C25K program. I felt like I was hitting a wall, and it was making me really angry. The C25K program does interval training (run for 90 seconds, walk for 90 seconds). At about 16 mins in, I would poop out, and just walk the rest of the workout. It was frustrating. Worst of all, I put on 4 lbs from the race. I would get back down to 218, then pop back up to 222. I've lost the same 4 lbs TWICE now. You can only imagine what that was doing to me psychologically. I REALLY want to reach 50 lbs lost by March 23, and it just didn't seem to be happening with me being stuck at 218 for 2 weeks in a row.
Anyway...
Hubby had today off so went to gym with me. I decided to repeat week 2 of C25K so he could run with me. This was the first time back running for him since he got sick right before the race.
Guess what-- I actually made it through the program today! It wasn't easy, but I did it. Well, almost. I walked the interval right before the cooldown, but that just allowed me a 5 min cool down. I went 2 miles in 32 mins. This means I've taken 15 mins off my 5k time! It also means I got past that stupid 16 min wall where I would normally poop out. The track isn't the most entertaining to look at, but I've noticed my best runs come from there and the road.
After that I went upstairs for a bike session, and did 10.6 miles in 30 mins, and finished up on elliptical by going just under a mile in 15 mins. In all, I burned over 700 cals. I hope this week is the week I move past 218 pounds. I'm starting to tear down the wall... but why do I feel no joy?

0 comments: