RSS

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Grace Meets Grokling

Today was a big day in Grace's life. In the Primal Blueprint, the main character used as primary subject is a Paleolithic friend named Grok. He has 2 kids (a young son, and a toddler) and a loving mate. The baby is called Grokling. Wife is Mrs. Grok, boy is Grok Jr. You get the idea.
Anyway, Primal Blueprint promises health and strength and improves my firm belief daily that the body can heal itself of major illnesses, depending on the way one treats it (including nutrition). Every time I turn around, Grace is sick. She's either hacking up a lung or launching a snot rocket. I knew something had to change, but what? Just like my life, and knowing I have to get healthy for my next baby, and reverse my diabetes (which everyone says can't be done, but I know the cure is out there!), I turned to Primal Blueprint. And so, today, Grace turned into a Grokling. I am putting faith in the program that it will improve her health and immune system dramatically. In fact, I knew it was the right thing to do when she begged me for pizza for lunch. I obliged. Two bites in, she took it to the trash and dumped it, completely unprompted. I felt compelled to grab boxes and get all the processed stuff out of our lives for good. Grace even helped by putting HER "fruit" snacks, and HER precious mac n cheese in with the lot. I explained we were going to take it to her friends. I wish I had gotten pictures.

And so day 1 of my little Grokling's new healthy life has begun. I am still trying to figure out if it's okay to let her graze as she has been, or try to get her to sit down to actual meals.
Here's what she ate today:

raspberries & milk
2 pieces canadian bacon
2 laughing cow cheese
1 fruit cup
1 whole orange
8 oz Bolthouse Farms C-Boost Juice
2 pieces bacon
1 yogurt

I forget the rest, will try to keep better track tomorrow. It's all clean eating from here on out. If it doesn't have a mama or come right out of the earth, it won't be in our house.

Raspberries & coconut milk for breakfast tomorrow, then off to do some grocery shopping. I am hoping if Grace has a say in what we buy, that she will continue to transform into a thriving little Grokling :)
It is also in my intentions to start walking outside with her more, especially on the warmer days.

0 comments: