RSS

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bacon Hound

Grace is having a really good eating day today, I think. This morning she polished off a chobani kids greek yogurt, a cup of peaches, some coconut flour chocolate chip banana bread I made last night, and then for lunch enjoyed several slices of bacon, and 1/2 a red bell pepper, as well as some cheese and grapes. I couldn't be happier. She is such a bacon hound. She gets very excited when I mention making bacon. She loves to help in the kitchen, too. Last night she helped make the coconut flour chocolate chip banana bread.
Tonight we'll have some fish for dinner. I'm going to make my favorite salad (wild caught shrimp over baby romaine with feta & walnuts), as well as some cod fillets.
I have been tracking her macronutrients on My Fitness Pal to make sure she is getting enough to eat. I'm trying to follow her hunger cues and allow her free range of the food in our house, since it's all good stuff.

Speaking of bacon, the Dove Chocolate Discoveries catalog came out for spring (there's a recipe for bacon chocolate truffle cupcakes). I got my copy last night. It's bright, colorful, and very summery. There are lots of new products that I can't wait to share with my friends. The line that excites me the most is their new set of savory products, including a chocolate BBQ sauce, cocoa rub for grilling, and a chocolate fig vinaigrette. After adding cocoa powder to my chili a week or two ago, and being amazed at how much depth it added, I can't say enough how delighted I am to see my company putting out savory products for cooking. If I can get you the hook up, lmk! Summer is on its way. Punxatawney Phil failed to see his shadow today. HOORAY! I'm *SO* ready for spring.

Here's a link to the online catalog:
http://www.dove-chocolate-discoveries.com/sites/pgerschgoodies/productcatalog

0 comments: