RSS

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bacon 30, Day 28

Sorry for the delayed update, I've been a little overwhelmed the last week. My check up went okay. My blood sugar is amazing. My hA1c was 5.5 off of drugs. Yay me. Unfortunately, my cholesterol is pretty elevated, despite my best efforts to eat leaner cuts of meat. My total cholesterol was 247 (where 240 is generally acceptable), however my HDL is frighteningly low, and my LDL is freakishly high. It was suggested to me that I should cut back on fish oil, and I also read that copper may help, so I will try that. Going to try to tone down the bacon consumption while continuing to enjoy other healthy fats like avocado and coconut.

Went and saw The Help with my friends Thursday evening. Good movie, worth the full price, go see it! Don't think about it. "RUN, GIRL, RUN!"

Also went to my 10 year high school reunion on Friday... with a class I didn't graduate from. I went to grade school through jr high with them, and they welcomed me to the reunion. That really meant a lot to me.

Another thing I've been trying to improve is our grocery bill. I think last paycheck we were getting closer to that $250 goal, but still around $300. I've already spent $204, and I'm going to try to stick as close to I can to $50 on actual groceries next week.

So glad my self inflicted challenge is nearly over. I have missed heavy cream. I promise not to binge! I just think heavy cream is a viable way to get a good dose of fat.

Will be blogging about protein powders soon. There are a few that are low carb and I think they might make a viable pancake/waffle batter.

0 comments: