RSS

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow!

Or at least I hope so. Now that I check weather.com, it looks like Hale Freezes Over will be a toasty 21 degrees and overcast. I must stay positive about this experience. This is the first step to a major life change.
Wednesday I did the 3k on the treadmill at the rec center, so I know I can do this, but Andy has gotten very sick this week and won't be able to do the race with me, so I'll be running alone. Thankfully, a few of my friends have offered to come & cheer. I also know that you'll be beside me in spirit. I won't be alone at all.

So in addition to the secret fantasies I divulged to you in the last post, I've started making some more definitive goals.

Jan 31: Run my 1st 5k
Feb 1: Start official couch to 5k training
Mar 1: Run 1 mi nonstop
Apr 1: Run 5k under 30 min, start couch to 10k training
Jun 1: Run 10k, start couch to half marathon training
Aug 1: Run 8 min mile
Sept 23: Run half marathon by my bday
Oct 1: Start Marathon Training
May 2011: Run Marathon (I am looking at the Utah Valley Marathon as my candidate, but it's held in June)
Summer 2011: Train for Susan G Komen 3 day, 60 mile race for the cure
Fall 2011: Run Susan G Komen 3 day, 60 mile race for the cure
Spring 2012: Qualify for Boston Marathon
Spring 2013: Run Boston Marathon

And somewhere in there I'm having kid #2. Yes, I'm crazy, but we already knew that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I don't know you, but I just want to say good for you! I am a young wife and am pre-diabetic. I have a condition called PCOS and my husband and I have been trying to have a baby. I recently got my pre-diabetic results lowered down to normal range and we're very excited. Now I just want to lose 75lbs this year. I want to say good luck and God bless. Keep up the great work.

Tara Oliver said...

wow, the Boston Marathon! impressive goal! maybe I should push Jonathan for that one. :) how did your 5K go on Saturday??? I bet you did great! so proud of you.