RSS

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lace Up Your Shoes

I love the song "Check Yes Juliet".  It's just a fun song.  Well, I am here to tell you, directly from the lyrics:

"Lace up your shoes, hey oh, hey oh-oh.  Here's how we do... Run, baby, run! Don't ever look back..."

I must be crazy because I am doing the Dirty Dash at Soldier Hollow this weekend, officially sending my first pair of running shoes into retirement with a blaze of earthen glory.  It doesn't stop there, though.  I've got my eye on 3 races in October, and possibly 1 in November.  I'm going to do the Love Your Body 10k on Oct 8th, thinking about a blacklight night run on the 15th, and Highway to Hale on the 29th.  Andy wants to do HTH with me, even though it's his birthday. 

So here's to cracking down and actually seriously training for the next month.  That means avoiding nightshades, too.  Why do they have to be so delicious?  Curse you bell peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers!

2 comments:

Tara Oliver said...

awesome! good for you! I've seen pictures of the dirty dash. looks fun. but not for me. :) enjoy!!

P Gersch said...

I got suckered into it by the Primary President, lol. Honestly, I'm dreading it. All that icky, cold mud...