RSS

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Everyday Paleo, Day 1

A lesson in unpreparedness. I wake up, fully intending to make an Everyday Paleo breakfast (and lunch), and don't have some of the main ingredients. I also have sinus funk. I wonder if head desking will help. *Head desk* *Head desk* *Head desk*. Nope.
Stay tuned as I figure out what to do.

Back on track for now, I think.
Went to Sunflower Market. They didn't have the Coleman Bacon I wanted, so got Hickory Farms instead at the same price. Also couldn't find golden raisins or pecans, so I went to Target for that. My lunch was fantastic. We'll get to that in a sec. Breakfast was a lost cause, but I'll prepare it tonight since Day 2 includes leftovers.

For breakfast I had hemp seed porridge (NOT part of Everyday Paleo). Face it. When you wake up feeling crappy, y'just want some hot comfort food. This "no-oatmeal" did the trick.
Here's the recipe:
http://eatthecookie.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/hemp-seed-porridge/

I put a little shredded coconut on top of mine. It was awesome.

For lunch I had the Everyday Paleo Salmon Salad... only I had tuna cuz I don't like salmon, LOL. It was fantastic, too. I am slowly warming up to avocados. They have to be super squishy for me to tolerate, though.
Mixed baby greens, red bell pepper roasted with coconut oil, tuna fish, avocado, some slivered almonds, apple cider vinegar, EVOO, all deliciousness.



Dinner on Day 1 is supposed to be Spice Rub Slow Cooked Chicken. It calls for a 6 lb chicken. That was expensive. The 10 lb turkey on the other hand was not. So, yeah, we're having turkey. Also fixing the "Kids Love Cabbage Slaw" slaw. I HATE coleslaw... so if this is delicious, it's a winner, winner, turkey dinner to me!


The coleslaw was tasty, IMO

Today's cals: 2400

Footnotes:
GROCERY BILL FOR DAYS 1-5: About $80
STARTING WEIGHT FOR EVERYDAY PALEO ADVENTURE: 178
WAIST: 30"
THIGH: 19"
HIP: 38"
NECK: 12"

0 comments: