RSS

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Everyday Paleo, Day 28

Breakfast was Spring Scramble (see Day 12). I took pictures again, though, cuz I don't think I had everything the first time around

After breakfast, I got Grace dressed cuz she wanted to play outside. It was awful warm & I thought it might be good to finally hunt down her kiddie pool in the shed. I've been meaning to do it for at least a week now.
By the way my toe is feeling better today & I only suffered a twisted ankle during this endeavour!
In case you're wondering: Yes, I am a total klutz. Thank you for asking.


While she was playing, I got brave and went inside to throw on my tankini for some quick tanning & vitamin D absorption. I only laid out for 15 mins with some SPF 12 on, but it felt good... except for the profuse sweat. I started getting hungry & dragged Grace (kicking and screaming, the poor little puddle duck) into the house for lunch which was *drumroll* coconut shrimp.

Okay, so, if you don't like shrimp, you should probably look for the unsubscribe link on my blog. Jus'sayin. Bacon & shrimp are probably 2 of my favorite foods.
I garnished it with butter & key lime juice. Very yummy!

I got Grace down for a nap, and vegged. When she got up, I ran to Walmart for some soil & bigger pots for my poor, withering squashes. Needless to say, they are going to be a lot happier now!
Once we got home, I started with dinner. Sarah suggests stuffed peppers for this evening. I've made stuffed peppers before, but never like this. Our biggest frying pan (which can probably hold about a gallon of stuff) was very nearly full, and I looked down at my 6 peppers & thought "No way is this all going to fit!"
Guess what. It did.

After dinner, we went for a quick walk (about 1 mile). I jogged 1/4 of it. Andy gave Grace some Talenti Gelato while I showered. This stuff is even more delicious than ice cream. I don't have it often (it's pricey in both cash and carbs), but it's one of those things that's definitely worth the indulgence, and it has a very short ingredient list on most of their products (BO-NUS!)

Off to watch Beastly. Have been wanting to see it.

1 comments:

Bmurphy said...

Shrimp and bacon? I could've sworn that coconut would've made the list! :P Also, Talenti Gelato is THE BEST ICE CREAM/DESSERT EVER! I love that stuff... it is really expensive. Sprouts (it's like Sunflower but less cool) sometimes has a really good sale on them. Black cherry is my absolute favorite flavor, although I've been dying to try pistachio (just a general favorite ice cream flavor of mine). And I found them probably the same way you did, reading ingredients, realizing there's only 6 or 7 things max and screaming "YES! They did it! Food companies can make something delicious and I can understand all of the ingredients in unscientific English!" :) Glad to hear that your toe wasn't broken either!