RSS

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Everyday Paleo, Day 21

So apparently I'm a dyslexic idiot cuz I don't think to stop and read instructions prior to preparing the food.

This morning was scrambled eggs with salsa. However, I got too gung ho over the salsa and didn't read that you're supposed to cook the jalapeno & tomatoes prior to running them through the food processor. I also didn't read, until it was too late, that Sarah only recommends using HALF the jalapeno.
So now I have this blow-your-head-off salsa. Oh well, it was tasty & tamed down a little by the scrambled eggs. I had a side of sliced avocado as well. Grace enjoyed scrambled eggs, sans salsa.

Right after breakfast, I set to work on the chimichurri sauce for lunch. I read ahead this time and prepared it according to directions. Alas, I was disappointed that it was very bitter. I don't think chimichurri sauce should be bitter, should it? I had it over a chicken breast and steamed kale.
I had to muscle my way through the kale on the last few bites.

After Grace's nap, she said she was hungry, so I pulled out some strawberries. I split what was left between us (4 each), and had mine with some coconut milk. Delish! Held me over til dinner.

Dinner was delicious, but kinda dinky & pathetic, portion-wise. It says it serves 3 people, but I could have easily eaten the whole thing by myself. Our dinner was served on tea saucers. I didn't have any lemon, so I used key lime instead.

It was gone in 6 bites, no joke. We went for a walk afterwards, and now I'm kinda hungry.

Off to distract myself until morning.

1 comments:

Amber said...

I also misread the salsa recipe and put in two jalapenos. I paid the price.