RSS

Monday, June 6, 2011

Everyday Paleo, Day 6

Everyday Paleo, Day 6, AKA KETCHUP DAY!

Y'know those huevos rancheros I was supposed to have on Saturday? We're having them today cuz I don't have the fixins for the colorful hash in Sarah's book. How many points do I have in the unpreparedness box now? I'm also craving bacon & fat, so I'm having a side of that as well. Here's my morning nom noms:

Sarah, are you sure you're not supposed to seed the jalapeno BEFORE throwing it in the food processor? Irregardless, my cold thanks you! My tongue on the other hand...

The ranchero sauce is made with tomatillos, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and sea salt. I had never worked with tomatillos before. Look how pretty they are!
THEY WERE STICKY!
I cooked them & the jalepeno in some leftover bacon grease. Yes, we save & freeze our bacon grease. EVERYONE SHOULD SAVE THIS DELICIOUS TREASURE!
I didn't have cilantro, so I used silver thyme from my back porch garden. I tasted the sauce after I had combined it, and it about blew my head off. I immediately grabbed the HWC from the fridge, to help quell the fire. The sauce was not so bad over the eggs & avocado, but still pretty macho! Let's just say my sinuses are clear without the use of vicks.

Lunch is shrimp tacos. WAHOO! I love me some shrimp.


Can you guess what dinner is using these pictures?



Did you guess yet? Dinner is "Hasta La Vista, Pasta Lasagna". Very excited to try this one. Andy has been saying he's been missing lasagna. I don't really care for lasagna (I think it's the ricotta), so this should be fun to try.


Tell me that doesn't look like regular la-zag-knee! Andy loved it. I loved it. Half the 9 x 13 pan is GONE. Since we are a Primal family, and not strictly Paleo, I took the liberty of adding parmesan on top & broiling it. I think it sealed the deal.

Lastly...
Y'know how I complain about not losing weight & my legs are too big? Yeah, yeah, I know. I have come to the conclusion that my body, keeping in line with my ultimate weirdness, is taking fat from weird places... like my KNEES. I am starting to get a really nice cut in my thigh & calf. Kinda proud. Cover your eyes if you're not into cellulite and massive, muscley thunder thighs.




I guess those crazy, 6+ mile walks are paying off!

1 comments:

Bmurphy (from Blab) said...

I stalk your blog... I really love that you're doing the Sara and Sarah thing. :) I just wanted to commend you on your FREAKIN' AWESOME legs! Go girl!