RSS

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Everyday Paleo, Day 16

So yesterday I was going on about how I long for a free day of just eating what I want on my own schedule. I ended up with that opportunity today. Breakfast & lunch was supposed to be leftovers from yesterday, but I didn't have either of them. I didn't know what I was going to do, and ended up having an IF until about 11a. I was hungry and made myself some egg white flax crepes with cardamom and vanilla, and bacon. SO GOOD! Also had a little Greek yogurt instead of butter and syrup. Crazy delicious. My tummy was way happy.

I didn't eat much for the rest of the day. Nibbled on a couple of grapes, and some of Grace's ham from lunch.

Went to chiropractor for monthly adjustment and we talked about diet and inflammation. I expressed my frustration of not losing more than 10 pounds in the last year, despite my best efforts. I've changed my diet, and the way I work out, what more does my body want? Doc mentioned digestion problems that could actually be interfering with progress, so that's something I might be exploring more in the near future.

Dinner was salmon cakes with ginger mayo. In her book, Sarah mentions how these were an epiphany for her when she first went Paleo. SHE'S NOT JOKING! I have already expressed that I'm not a big salmon fan, but these were the shiz! I could seriously eat them all day, and I'm looking forward to enjoying them again in the near future. I would also like to try the same recipe using tuna instead of salmon.

The recipe for the ginger mayo called for 2 cups of EVOO. I felt that was way too much (the mayo was already runny enough as is, and I like THICK mayo), and kept it down to 3/4 cup.

I don't know why, but I've been crazy sleepy the last few days. Not tired, mind you. I just want to sleep.

Off to veg & get ready for bed.

0 comments: