RSS

Friday, June 3, 2011

Everyday Paleo, Day 3

So you may have, no doubt by now, seen the new government "food pyramid". If you haven't, here it is:

But I think this way is better:

More on that here:
http://www.fitbomb.com/2011/06/its-not-that-hard.html

Anyway, on with the Everyday Paleo adventure!

Breakfast today is leftover egg cupcakes. YUM! I scarfed them down with salsa (which is funny, cuz tomorrow I'm having Huevos Rancheros for breakfast).

Lunch is avocado tuna boats. Yet another opportunity to warm up to avocados! Tutuuuuu tuna boats! (get it? tutu-- toot toot. Ahaha! I make a funny).


The recipe involves making your own mayonnaise. Many of the recipes are for multiple servings, but I'm just cooking for me & Grace during the day. Proud to say I MADE MY OWN MAYO! And it is goooood. I put the rest away in the fridge. I even added some whey from my Fage Total to help it keep longer. I'm tellin' ya, this is the way mayo is meant to taste.


However, I must confess I left the celery in the recipe out of my tuna. I HATE CELERY! It has to be cooked to super mush, so I don't notice it, in order for it to be edible to me. I can kind of tolerate it in an ants on a log mode, but it has to be absolutely slathered with nut butter, which kinda defeats the purpose of celery, right?


Dinner is Pecan-Crusted Chicken with Fancy Pear Salad (I added golden raisins for garnish).


Ma refuses to eat it. I'm keeping my mouth shut, and allowing her to prepare her food the way she likes. She also bought corn on the cob. Meh. She's convinced I'm very Paleo-Hitler as far as FORCING my husband to eat the same way I do. She makes me out to be a total tyrant & that my husband is afraid of me. I told him that and he just shrugged. He knows he can eat the way he wants, but he chooses to support me in this lifestyle. I think all he cares about is that he comes home to a hot dinner ;)
Grace, on the other hand, is pretty happy and VERY healthy thanks to Primal. Last night was the first time she has been sick in 6 months. Hubby said just before he left for work she was congested, and threw up a little. Can't blame her. I have a sinus infection & sore throat. Did I mention my mom brought a cold with her when she came last Saturday? lol



Anyway... Sarah has snacks listed daily, but I'm not really a big snacker. Yesterday I gave "bugs in a boat" (think ants on a log, only with golden raisins & almond butter) to Grace, which she happily munched up for lunch.
Today's snack is leftover steak skewers & macadamia nuts (aka-- CRACK-A-DAMIAS. Seriously, I can't keep nuts in the house. I go nuts. It's not pretty). Oh, and leftover steak skewers?
WHAT LEFT OVERS?! o_O

0 comments: