RSS

Friday, June 17, 2011

Everyday Paleo, Day 17

Grace slept in until nearly 9:30. Awesome. I didn't want to wake her, so I held off on preparing breakfast until she got up. Once she was up, it was ninja time. Egg cupcakes stuffed with lots of veggies. It took a while to put together, and another hour to bake them all. I ate 4.
While waiting for breakfast, I made Grace a smoothie. I used several half-eaten yogurts, blueberries, and some coconut milk. Grace loves her "smokies".

We didn't get to our morning errands till 11:30. Was hunting for stuff for Andy's Father's Day gifts, but felt like it was in vain. Either the stuff was sold out that I wanted to get him, or it just wasn't in stock/back order.

Got home at 1:30 and started pulling together my lunch. The menu called for walnut red pepper dip with raw veggies and a chicken breast. I threw a chicken breast in the oven, chopped it up when it was done, threw it over some arugula, with leftover cucumbers, and the walnut pepper stuff. Was not a fan and ended up throwing most of it away. Wasn't terribly hungry to begin with, but wanted to give everything in the book a fair shot.

Got Grace down for a nap, but shortly after some kids rang the doorbell. They were on a scavenger hunt and needed a magnet. I gave them one of ours and bid them good luck. Grace was up after that. I fought with her for 2 hours to nap. It wasn't happening, so at 4:30 I made her sit on the couch with no toys, TVs, or books until daddy got home. I'm a mean mom.
In the mean time, I got dinner started. Everyday Paleo meatloaf with a side of brussel sprouts & bacon. It's always a party when bacon is involved! We've had the meatloaf before, as well as the side dish, so everyone was a happy camper.

For the last several days I've been jonesing hard core for some custard. I've been discouraged though cuz I'm trying to stay away from dairy, and when I use coconut milk it just comes out funky in the texture department. Tastes fine, just not pudding smooth. Might have to break down and get some HWC.

0 comments: